Beginner groups

The chat room is free. It’s essentially an instant messenger service, along the lines of IRC, but with additional features.

No need to be hysterical. We are here to help!

1 Like

Whew! Thank you so much!

There is an optional subscription plan, called Nitro, but it is entirely optional. The features it offers are cosmetic, so you won’t be missing out on much. And when you sign up for the free account you don’t need to provide any kind of payment information.

1 Like

Okay, does it need to use my mic? Can I just text without using or having anyone else use it? Because it keeps asking me about my mic.

It doesn’t need your mic. That’s just for the use of voice channels, and FCC doesn’t have any set up for our server.

1 Like

Thank you so much! You saved me from having a terrible heart attack and an issue with my parents!

I am glad to help!

Once you’ve joined the server, if you’d like you can ping me @nhcarrigan there and I’ll help you get familiar with the platform.

1 Like

How do I send my message? Every time I press the + button. It pulls up my desktop.

Am I doing it right?

The + button is to add an attachment. To send the message, just hit Enter. :slight_smile:

Oh,duh. Thank you! :crazy_face:

Yeah, I’m in almost a dozen different Discord groups, to include the Free Code Camp one, and it’s 100% free and very easy to use.

1 Like

A post was split to a new topic: Setting a page to expire

Hey there, I am also new to web development. Actually I had some tutorials on HTML and CSS but a pure beginner at all. I would like to be in a group of people who helps each other!

I mean… That’s what this forum is…

2 Likes

i understand thats ^^

@ArielLeslie More of a group that you can communicate one on one with. It’s fine to come to a forum when you need help, but it’s also great to have someone that you can communicate with one on one.

You can do one on one communication here on the FCC forum via direct messaging or on the FCC Discord. The benefit of using the forum topics though is that there is always someone who can answer your questions at any given moment on the forum.

As @JeremyLT Saide, There is other ways to connect to other Campers using Discord. It is active, and you can ask questions on it. Most of the time we just talk about random stuff, but it’s still fun to communicate with other coders. Here’s a non-expiring link:

Hope to see you there!! :slight_smile: