Can't login to FreeCodeCamp

I can’t login either via email or through GitHub which is how I signed up originally.

If I try and login in with Google it makes a new account so I’ve lost all my progress. All other options to login don’y work.

How do I fix this?

for this issue, you will need to write to support@freecodecamp.org
see this github issue for more:

there has been an huge update for the fifth anniversary, there has been some hiccups in the update, the developers are working as hard as they can to fix it

Ok i am on phone and can’t find new topic as i can in othrr categories. Seems i am not allowed to log in from my home ip address… So i have to use phone which aint going to work.

It’s not actually a problem with your IP address. It’s a problem with the forum software we use and the way that connections are proxied. Being unable to login to the forum is just a matter of bad timing.

Well, I cleared my cache and got in but honestly if that’s what I have to do every time… well, I guess it’ll mean I odn’t ask so many questions which is probably a good thing…

As I said before, it’s mostly an issue of timing right now. The forum software thinks that everyone is trying to login from the same IP address, so if you’re the millionth person coming from the same IP address it blocks you. There are some very smart and dedicated people working on solving this problem.

1 Like

Well, it would happen even when there were fewer than 50 users, and all the time, every day (granted only for 3 days but I tried at least 30 times each day). Glad to know people are working on it.

I’m still unable to login to the normal landing page.

If you’ve already tried clearing your freeCodeCamp session storage from your browser and still can’t login. Try emailing support@freecodecamp.org. My understanding is that some people who had the bad luck to try logging in at just the wrong time during the update process ended up with accounts in a duplicate state. I know that this is frustrating, but please try to be patient after emailing. freeCodeCamp doesn’t have a customer service team, just a couple overworked contributors. Also remember to check your spam filter.

Hi. I’m logged in on one of my computers. When I try to log in on the other one FreeCodeCamp keeps on telling me ‘Something went wrong.’. Please help me log in on the second computer. Thank you.

If you are unable to log in it may be that you have a duplicated account. To solve this issue you will need to write to support@freecodecamp.org.

You can read more about the issue here

Weird. It’s not duplicated account. I have one email registered. And I can’t log in with the same email on the second computer. I’ll write to support@freecodecamp.org. Thank you!

Hello.

I’m also not able to log in with anything on the main FCC website. I don’t have a duplicated account and I sent the support email a message a week ago without a reply yet.

The forum allowed me to login with my FCC account which is weird. I clicked login with FCC, it made me login with FCC using my GitHub (which is failing for access to FCC) and then it worked but just for the forum. Just to be safe, I enabled 2FA/password so I no longer use my FCC account for logging into the forum.

How can logging in with GitHub for FCC work to give me access to the forum but not the FCC website itself? That makes no sense.

Thanks.

Hey @emTr0 send us an email at support@freecodecamp.org. You most likely have a duplicate account and we can fix this for you in our database.

Hello.

I sent an email recently.

Thanks.