Just Started and the "Run Tests" Button Already Doesn't Work

I’ve already seen a lot of topics about this but I figured I was safe for some reason. I was wrong. I run chrome and was able to do my first test a few weeks ago with no issues. But now that I’ve come back none of the tests are being completed because the Run Tests button won’t function properly. It just says that it’s running tests and then never moves on from there.

Has anyone found a way around this or is it just a bug? Any help would be appreciated. Thank you.

Are you sure that your code isn’t failing any tests? Most people who think that the tests aren’t running just don’t realize that the tests ran and failed.

It never finishes running the tests to begin with so it can’t be me failing them. Otherwise I’m sure it would tell me there’s an error not just keep //running test on the screen forever.

The //running tests text is intended to stay on the screen.

1 Like

same here. not able to see that big frame that let me move on to the next lesson. Microsoft Edge, w10

Free Code Camp has bee updated to use newer technologies. It makes the application much faster and it means that we can go much longer without having to do a huge migration like this. However, Edge and Safari are very bad about choosing not to adhere to standards and support new functionality in JS and CSS. Right now, that means that both Edge and Safari exhibit lots of unexpected behavior. If you become a web developer you will come to hate these browsers with every fiber of your being.

That still doesn’t explain why mine won’t work. I’ve gone as far as second guessing myself completely on the most simple of answers and looking them up and copying them from others and it STILL won’t let me pass the tests.

I know it’s not me because my answers to the tests are the same as the ones that people who have completed the entire course got.

Is there any way to fix this?

Something related to your browser is preventing the tests from running. It could be the browser your using, its version, settings you have applied, or extensions that are running. You can create a detailed GitHub Issue with all of that information.

I have the same issue. I’m not failing the test, the “run the test” button doesn’t work in the first place. I have tried different browsers, but it’s the same issue.
I usually just go to the curriculum and move on to the next question from there and then the button would work for some tasks and stop working again.

1 Like

I have been having a similar issue as well and I am running on chrome. The ‘Run the test’ button works inconsistently. I know it is not because the test fails since there is no output. As mentioned by other users, I have also tried to copy and paste solutions into the program and it still doesn’t work. It would appear that occasionally the button is simply broken. I am about 2/3 done with the 'Basic Javascript" section and about 5 of the problems I have been unable to submit. Not a lot, but enough to be frustrating.

I have installed Opera browser today and after a few exercises, it seems to be working OK. It recognizes that I completed the task and moves on to the next. I hate having multiple browsers installed but its a quick fix for now.