The Struggle Is Real

Funny, I feel the same way about CSS! I can usually hack something together in JavaScript that will do what I want, but whenever I dive into CSS I can spend hours just styling a button or trying to get two elements aligned properly!

2 Likes

The new boston on youtube helped me with his beginner react tutorial.

LOL! xD

I sometimes find HTML, especially CSS very tedious. :tired_face:
I’m still a newbie, but have scratched a surface with JS and Python basics, and find writing those more interesting and rewarding.

1 Like

The first time I ever got to create an html page I was amazed.

Then came CSS and I was all “waouw”.

And now I just hate it, I’m always thinking “when do I get to do the real stuff”? The real stuff for me at this point being Javascript and so spending hours trying to figure out what’s going on.

So I’m definitely NOT at the point where I can do what I want in Javascript but still, that’s what gets me going.

Algorithms.

Unlike the projects challenges etc. where I can read the documentation and keep on adding things to complete it, algorithms challenges leave me stumped. It is as if only ‘divine intervention’ :stuck_out_tongue: can solve algorithm challenges for me.
I’ve read YDKJS and trying to get better at it.

1 Like

yea but food you can see, taste, smell, and touch. Computational Mathematics doesn’t come out the other end well.

You can see how an algorithm behaves and you can read it’s behavior. If you can’t understand the code than the problem isn’t with algorithms but programming in general.

Struggling with not learning fast enough.
Need that pill from the movie limitless…

Actually I’m struggling with AJAX. Tried to do code something for 2 days, nothing happens. Got to try another 2 I guess :slight_smile:

I have been working in database/ backend development for most of my career. switching gears and working on front end projects and making everything look good while writing minimal amount of code is somewhat of a challenge.

I am hoping to use angular more as I have heard it is a very great tool/ is becoming more of an industry standard.

the bane of my existence right there!
Give me algorithms! OR GIVE ME DEATH!

1 Like

But you are happy.
People who speak their native language are not English. It is a big barrier from English. Of course, in modern society English is basic but it is not as familiar as my native language.

I’m having a little difficulty with algorithmic issues because it’s the most primitive
Because I have to express my thoughts.
The process of converting that idea back to code
I’m not used to it yet.

1. The process of creating css flex, grid layout
    I think it’s harder than the algorithm.

2. And when I think I know, the next day I think I do not know.

Still learning here
I think it grows every day.

Same here, spanish is my first language.

I usually have no problem with reading, but to communicate (even now) I have to ask for help from the google translator.

The problem is not so much reading, the problem comes when you need to ask something, that’s when you’re alone :frowning:

How come that your mentioned Algorithms Specialization on Coursera was free?

A post was split to a new topic: Help: Make Elements Only Visible to a Screen Reader by Using Custom CSS

My struggle today was with React, and sharing state between two components that, with how I was initially approaching it, did not share a parent-child relationship or a common component to push state up to. I went down a couple rabbit holes, with Redux (of which I only have a very basic working knowledge of) and Context, which I hadn’t picked up yet. Ultimately I didn’t like where I was going, and forced a common parent between the two components. It was a fun rabbit hole to go down though.

I am currently new to coding in general. I am thrilled with freecodecamp but, I am struggling to remember even 10% of the stuff I am learning. I really want coding to be my life and I love it. But I feel that if I don’t remember at least 50% of what I am learning I will never get my certificate and move on. I do intend to go to college later but what should I do to help myself until then? Please help me! I am so worried!

Don’t get me started

1 Like

Ignore my previous message. I have just come to realize the benefits of a search engine and supportive fellow coders. I am free of worries. Before me lies a new horizon full of coding. The code world is beautiful!