This is not the Greatest Page Just A Tribute:A Jack Black Tribute Page

Hi Campers :raised_back_of_hand:

I just finished my Project 1: The tribute page. I’m not even quite sure If I submitted it correctly. :grimacing: Anyhow, here is the code pen link to my project This is not the greatest page in the world. Just a Tribute. I’ve only used HTML and CSS because that is all I know right now. Don’t get me wrong I really do want to learn Javascript but not there yet. I am going to tackle the second project while I wait to hear back on my first one. If I even submitted it correctly LOL. Also if anyone could tell me how to when you look at my list elements what I need to do to get the one that has two lines to indent in that would be great. I’m also curious if I shouldn’t put all my content into a box. Anyhow… Hope you all had a great week.

WolfenHare

Good job on completing your first project, I like the look of it. Some small changes that I would make to improve the layout/design of the site would be the following:

• Decrease the amount of space between your headers and your content. This will help break your content into chunks and make it easier for users to digest.
  • Add some left and right margin to the body to push your content away from the edges of the viewport.
  • The color/contrast of your quote will be hard for people with certain color blindness to read, I would check out more information regarding website accessibility.
  • I would center your footer at the bottom of your site.
  • Your quote and video are not responsive on smaller viewports.

These are all changes based off of my taste and experience, feel free to use what you like. Keep up the good work and good luck!

1 Like

Hi @WolfenHare, welcome to the forums. Your page looks good. Some things you may want to revisit;

• Keep the test script when forking the pen (<script src="https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js"></script>). Your page passes 1/10 user stories.
  • The link to your font would go in the box labeled ‘Stuff for <head>’
  • Don’t do any inline styling. Make all your styling external.
  • Don’t use the <br> element to force spacing. Use margin and/or padding in CSS.
  • You have an unknown property ‘align’ in your li block in CSS
  • This is incorrect;
    <imagecaption class=caption>
    the class attribute should be in double quotes. It will style properly if you do.
1 Like

Thanks for Getting back to me ! And a Mod at that… not worthy !

The User Stories bit- I noticed when I didn’t want to bother anyone with my n00b cool stories/tales of your incompetence don’t interest me- when I looked at sample Tribute pages ca. 2017 completely ignored a lot of the user stories to my work-in-progress-eye- so I tried to be similarly confident. Hubris. Noted. I’m also not using Chrome which might improve my user-experience here in re: passing those tests. I’ll try overhauling it with the mean of both of your guyses kind responses.

The br trick is a nod to my myspace days.I was trying to show a summation of all my old and new skills which - I was really trying to implement as much of the challenges as I could considering some beginners look a lot more well-seasoned. Out of curiosity ill have to research more into BR’s.

TY WH

Love your Lizard AV. I’m very tempted to use my dogger here too!!

The spacing at the header 100 agree. I thoght this too! But then I didn’t want to hear I cram jammed it full.

Agree with the margins too.

I’ve got to laugh at myself here too because I was really trying to take on the color wheel lesson and I was like …RED AND GREEN? Is it around that time of year again ?!

Agreed with the Viewport stuff too !!

I think if you read through to the Mod’s comment I really need to do a better job of following the user stories but it seemed like some other people seemed to squeak by when you look at their editor views with none? So being new at this I just shrugged and tried my hardest to show what few things I learned from the MySpace years and this !!

Your taste and experience we already things that I was thinking of too! And thanks for the wishes and I fully intend to keep on keeping on.

TY WH

Chrome is easy to download and install but you don’t need Chrome to pass the user stories. It’s just that it’s a browser that you’ll definitely like a lot better as you progress in your coding.
<br> was okay back before CSS. Now it’s mainly used for poems and showing a mailing address.