This is Still Not the Greatest Page in the World

Just A Tribute.

To catch you all up to speed this was my V1 of the page.

I fiddled around a bit and tried my best to incorporate all the valuable criticisms the first time around. Tried to make it look more samey to the default Norman B page. I also tried to incorporate all the cool user stories bro :sunglasses: :rofl:

Check it out here and let me know what you all think.

Also a few friends have directed me to consider putting this on my Git. I am concerned it is too novice of a project but probably overall good practice to get my hands all mucky up in Git.

V2

TY WH

1 Like

It doesn’t look bad @WolfenHare. I remember your first one but don’t recall exactly what it looked like.
Something you should look into;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator. Just copy your HTML and paste it into the ‘Validate by Direct Input’ tab.
    • since you’re copy/pasting from codepen you can ignore the first few errors you see. But there are quite a few errors and warnings you may want to clean up…especially those obsolete elements.
  • In CSS, your body declaration isn’t closed (missing the closing curly brace)

Put it on Git or on GitHub. The beauty of putting it there is you can always upgrade and improve it while there will be history of what it looked like in the beginning. If you want, you can see how it’s progressed through various versions.

I enjoyed the page.

A couple of things…

1. The video seems shifted off-center to the right of the gray background.
  2. In mobile mode, the eyebrows quote has its right side cut off.

Put stuff up on your GitHub now and take down whatever seems inappropriate at a later date. If everything you put up is better than the last as a representation of your abilities, the older stuff will eventually cry out to be taken off.

@WolfenHare Your second one is so much easier on the eyes. You’ve made great visual changes.