10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now

There isn’t a way to communicate with the FCC servers when you’re offline, so you can’t get data (including challenges) from FCC or send data (like solutions) to FCC. If you know that you’re going to be offline and wanting to work on stuff, you can grab the next few challenges (copy, screengrab, whatever) and work on them on your own computer. You’d have to spend some time learning how you set your computer up for offline development, but you can do it.

They’re listed under Take Home Projects in the last section of the curriculum.

Yup. It’s being looked at.

2 Likes

Where to check my code output in new UI…

Oh wow. Thought I was quite far through, and now looking back at the new curriculum lots of areas to revisit…

Good work though @QuincyLarson and team. Looks like a lot of gaps been filled with the new curriculum and clearly a lot of work gone into this.

Thank you all.

Hi, Can I change my email? I don’t see that in my settings.

1 Like

Not currently. I don’t know if there is a plan to add this.

I am so excited for the new curriculum, really looking forward to complete it but, I still cannot sign in on the “learn.” subdomain.

1 Like

You’re welcome. I’m glad that I helped.

Thanks for all your efforts, we appreciate it! The curriculum looks pretty good! I was stuck in the portfolio project, I have several days working on it and now I see lots of challenges before it to gain more skills, super useful :wink:

1 Like

Hi @QuincyLarson , just checked out the improved free code camp website, just wanted to know if the non-profit section has been removed.

Ahsan

Now all the projects are listed at the end of each “course”, so FCC now recomends that we just do it at the end?

Projects have always followed the relevant section of curriculum.

Sorry if this has been answered before but are there any plans to bring back the map? I kinda enjoyed seeing streak count etc.

1 Like

Your streak and heat map (which I think I heard isn’t working perfectly right now) is on your public profile.

ahh thanks I see it now

Nice! My progress came back! Thanks @QuincyLarson and all the team.
also when night mode will became available?

Soon. If you want, you can watch the pull requests on the FCC GitHub Repo to watch as changes are submitted for review.

Cool, I can now log in on the learn platform (I was previously stuck in a login loop, as many others), thanks for fixing the bug! :tada::raised_hands::blush:

As you mentioned the challenges are optional, Is that mean I can take certification by doing projects only.
because when I try to get certification, I got this massage Please complete the required challenges to claim the Responsive Web Design

1 Like

@QuincyLarson When you say “future curriculum improvements will be released much faster now”, does that mean the curriculum and projects could be altered again? Because the reason I didn’t get started on the previous curriculum was cause I was waiting for the beta version to become official. Btw, thanks for doing this for the community. Much love

1 Like