10 major freeCodeCamp improvements that are live now

Unfortunately, I cannot see any of my submitted solutions on my profile page. It only shows that I have completed the challenge in my timeline. It is not a big problem as I am saving my solutions locally, but just wanted to let you know that this seems not to work as intended.

Thank you for your work!

edit
I think my confusion comes from expecting that every solutions of every challenge is saved on my profile. Instead only project solutions seem to be saved there.

I just notice you can cheat in the “claim my certificate” part. I found I can claim a certificate just adding some irrelevant link to the projects parts without doing the actual projects. I think it shld a bug, shouldn’t it?
p.s. after doing this trick I reset my account and I don’t want to cheat! I tried it just for a test.

That would be where the academic honesty bit comes in. Since this is something that people just do for their own education, cheating would be pretty pointless though.

+1 this. I miss the counter on the top right of the screen. I used to challenge myself to just stop on multiples of ten, so sometimes I did like 30 exercises in a sit.

Those are your brownie points. They’re on your portfolio. You can check them any time.

I’m really glad that the brownie points aren’t on the Nav bar anymore. I had to argue with at least half a dozen people per week that the number they saw didn’t identify the challenge they were on.

Please provide percentage progress bar for each certification as it’s much easier to have a quick review of progress.

Oh, I see. As a product designer I know how different users have different ways of interacting with a platform.
Thanks for the response and hope everything gets fixed soon.

Personally I am missing the output box that showed what was returned by the code.
The new box that shows a copy of the test checkboxes is redundant imo. Perhaps I am missing something.
All the new challenges and sections are much appreciated.

1 Like

As a starter, I find this really confusing now. Where should I start for a back-end cert? Most of the legacy back-end projects are located in “microservices” , but the first project, is already asking for a “Glitch project” , I mean, it doesnt start from scratch, and I dont even know to which project is that refering.

So basically my question is… is that normal that the first lessons of new certifications aks for projects in other certifications? And by the way I searched trought all the lessons and I couldnt find a single reference to “Glitch project”

The new curriculum doesn’t have a Back End Certificate. That’s why there isn’t a section with that name. If you want to claim the old Legacy Back End Certificate, you can do so by doing the projects but I don’t suggest doing that if you weren’t already doing the back end projects before the update (I would claim the new certificates and then if you want to, adding the legacy certificates afterwards might be fun). Glitch is a service similar to CodePen that gives you an environment to create a demo version of a web application. It is introduced in the first project that suggests using it, Timestamp Microservice and every project that suggests using Glitch provides a link to a boilerplate Glitch project for you to use.

I have completed all project challenges for JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures certification, but the button for the last one still says “Complete Project” and then when I click on it, it says “Sorry, we couldn’t find a page for that address.”. :confused:

Sounds like there’s a typo in a URL. Bugs should always be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

var issue = “Previous projects are not being saved.”
alert(“When will " + issue + " be fixed?”)

There are two different types of saved progress for Free Code Camp: your profile and your browser cache.

A list of your completed challenges is saved to your account in the FCC database. You can see the list of completed challenges by looking at your public portfolio. With a growing curriculum already over 1,400 lessons and a growing user base several times that size, FCC does not store every solution to ever challenge in its database. There are some challenges which are classified as projects required for certifications. Your solutions to those can be viewed on your settings page.

Your in-editor code is saved in your browser’s local storage. Recent in-progress code from the challenge editor is also saved in your local browser cache when you run tests. Because FCC rolled out a completely new application, the old cached values are no longer valid. This is the same effect you would have if you cleared your browser cache. If you are completing lessons and do not see your recent code, then something is preventing FCC from writing to your browser’s storage. This could be a browser setting, a privacy extension, or a browser version incompatibility. Especially as you get to more complicated challenges that may take multiple sessions, I strongly recommend saving your in-progress work outside of the browser cache.

This is a good opportunity to learn the ins and outs of your GitHub account, but you can also just save locally or use a service like repl.it which allows for versioning. The FCC team is working on creating an easy way for campers to download a solution when a challenge is completed. You can help add useful tools like this by being a contributor .

1 Like

When “get hint” option will come back?

1 Like

Thanks for this. How can I add a stylish menu to my blog footer - http://davidolatestsong.com.ng

Just an FYI, you may know already, but a link within one of the curriculum pages (Basic JavaScript: Assignment with a Returned Value) has a broken link. I can get to it if I go to the curriculum tab & click the link there, but not within that page. I tried a few other pages with internal links, but they seem to be working fine. I just wanted to let you know about that one, in case you didn’t already know about it. I know you all are working hard on updating everything already though. Thanks. (BTW, I’m lovin’ the new updates!) :star_struck::sunglasses::bug::butterfly::lollipop:

Hi, every time I try to run the tests to pass a challenge, I click run tests and then it says running test and doesn’t do anything. I’m not sure if it is a bug or just my slower computer but it is really annoying. I am not sure if I posted this in the right place but I think it might be related to the improvements so that’s why I posted it here.

Are you by any chance using Edge, IE, or Safari as your browser? These have decided not to implement new features of JS and CSS according to web standards and as a result they often exhibit unintended (and frustrating) behavior.