17 Year Old Going To Bootcamp

Yeah, I suppose you’re right. I guess I’m kinda impatient.

If I am not investing any money in college I can still do things such as…getting married and starting a family fairly comfortably…right? Because I do not want college to interfere.

Sure. If you choose your degree carefully and try to make the most of the experience, then college can help your earning potential and help you figure out what you want to do and how to do it.

1 Like

Thank you! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

@codeofdreams, I highly recommend Lumerit Education. I’ve used them to earn about half my degree with more flexibility than traditional college and for less cost. Also, the student life is amazing.

1 Like

Thank you so much! I’m looking it up right now, :slightly_smiling_face: :+1: :grinning: but could you explain how it works to me in your own words?

Ok! I’m not an employee, and they’d probably be able to answer questions better, but I’m happy to help!
It’s kind of a third-party program that helps you put together a cheap degree plan. Basically you call them and tell them kind of what degree you want, for example, a tech degree. They’ll help you put together a degree plan based on what university you want to transfer into. You can pay for packages of classes of 8, 10, or unlimited classes that you can take over the course of a year. The classes are almost all 8-week online classes, and many are self-directed.

It can be hard to stay motivated since a lot of the classes are self-paced and online, but I highly recommend Lumerit, and I highly, highly recommend getting involved in the online student community.

1 Like

I absolutely am thrilled with this! Awesome! What is the student community like? What do you like the most about it?

1 Like

Yay! The student community is amazing. Lumerit Education is not officially Christian, but the student life section of Lumerit, called Unbound, is, and it’s amazing.

Online, there’s a forums with study tips, games, and lots of people to chat with, a Facebook group, and a Discord server.

There are scheduled video calls called empower calls, some with serious topics, and some with fun topics. There are also unofficial student video calls as well as a video “study hall” where we can study together with our mics muted.

There’s a yearly event called Apex that is amazing. It’s like a 5-day camp in August, and I recommend it. There are also smaller gatherings called Engage Events as well as unofficial gatherings.

What I like most about it is first, that Unbound is Christian, and, second, that there are so many amazing people! Some of my closest friends are fellow students.

Also, you can get involved in the community even if you’re not a student. You might have to have a reference, but I can be a reference for you if you’re interested in joining the student community.

2 Likes

omgoodness! Thank you so much! When I turn 18(soon). I will totally love to join the student community. I’m so excited! Thank you so much for helping me! Will I just message you through freecodecamp when I am ready?

1 Like

I’ll pm you. :slight_smile:

I am kind of new to electronics, what does pm mean? :grimacing:

1 Like