25+5 Clock failing in tests 19, 20 and 21, even though it's working as intended (solved)

I checked all the element’s ids and that’s not the problem.
I suspect it’s because I implemented the timer in a different way than the automated test expects it to be.
In the example project they created a global function which sets the timer (using setTimeout()) and wraps a function or cancel the timer, than this function is called inside the function which handles start / stop timer.
I implemented mine inside the function which handles start / stop timer using setInterval(), which calls a closure to check the time left every 1000 ms and set the states accordingly.
It works exactly the way I wanted and as the description of the tests say, but unfortunately it’s not enough for the automated test.
I don’t want to throw away all my work and the time spent, then end copying and pasting code from the example project only to pass the tests.
Is there anything else I can do?
This is my project’s link

I used setInterval to build a very simple countdown that you can add time to .
For this project it will probably help.

It was a dumb mistake of mine. The timer was taking 2 seconds to start.
I just moved the line ‘timeLeft -= 1;’ to the top of my closure that’s being called by setInterval() and the tests passed.

1 Like

Huh, that’s how i get reminded to check on something when im searching for solution on google these days.

1 Like

I usually search for solution on Google and other places before creating a topic asking for help. I even searched in this forum for the same problem, but I couldn’t find it, probably because I searched for the wrong test numbers, i thought it was 9, 10 and 11 before.
Actually, I almost never ask for help because I like the challenge of trying to solve my own problems alone. But this time the problem was not as noticeable, and the error messages from the tests didn’t help.

1 Like

Yeah, the problem or solution is usually simpler than you think, sometimes dumber than you think.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.