25+5 Clock working but failing tests

Hi there! I’m hoping someone can give some advice. I have finished programming my 25+5 clock (haven’t started styling it yet though) and when I run the tests myself they seem to work. However, I am only passing 18/29 of them in the FCC test suite.

Here is my codepen: https://codepen.io/scott-a-m/pen/ZEKLYgr?editors=0010

I basically receive two error messages :

1. i.exec(…) is null received for the following tests - Content: 8. Timer: 8; 9; 10; 11.

2. Timer has not reached 00:00 received for the following tests - Timer: 1; 12; 13; 14; 15. Audio: 1.

I’m not really sure what the first error message means. In regards to the second one, originally I was not hitting 00:00. But after reading kevcomedia’s post - https://forum.freecodecamp.org/t/pomodoro-clock-tests-fail-timer-has-not-reached-00-00-but-my-timer-reach-00-00/309278 - I allowed for the extra one second deduction before switching timers to reach 00:00. However, I am still receiving the error messages.

If anyone can assist it would be much appreciated. Thanks! :grinning:

the majority of your errors originate from the extra <p id="time-left"></p> you have in <div id="session">, right below <p id="session-length">.

I will update when/if I can find out the cause of your other error.

Thanks so much for pointing this out. I feel a bit silly for missing this but it does show how one can miss such obvious errors and how having another pair of eyes to examine code can be very helpful . There are a few tests still failing and I will give them a good look over again.

I’m now passing 27 of 29 tests. The two errors I get are for:

Timer 9: If the timer is running, the element with the id of “time-left” should display the remaining time in mm:ss format (decrementing by a value of 1 and updating the display every 1000ms).

error message - 25 + 5 clock has started but time displayed is not changing : expected 0 to be above 0

Timer 13: When a session countdown reaches zero (NOTE: timer MUST reach 00:00), a new break countdown should begin, counting down from the value currently displayed in the id=“break-length” element.

error message - Timer has reached zero but didn’t switch to Break time: expected ‘Session’ to not equal ‘Session’

I’ve done both these tests manually and they pass, so not sure why these errors are still occurring.

Has anyone got any ideas…?

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.