25 + 5 Clock works, but reset, increment, and decrement fail the tests

These test have been bugging me for a week now. All the other test are passing but the first five of the “timer” part.

The first problem I ran into during this project was the rendering of the updated numbers on the clock’s display. React is weird and sometimes doesn’t re-render values the were just updated, so I used a hook(useEffect) to do the rendering.

The problem I have now is, during the tests the increment and decrement buttons end NOT responding to one of the clicks. The reset button works… I don’t know what to add about it.

I checked to see if the number on the display is the same I have on my variables(they are), but I don’t think the tests are checking this part of my code.

I spent some time clicking the buttons and didn’t notice anything wrong, so I don’t know what to do now.

I need to know how the “tests are testing” to know how to fix or where is the problem.

Here is the link to my project: https://codepen.io/asdjkl123/pen/JjOOQyP

There’s a few comments explaining how the code works, so I hope it helps understanding my mess.

Any help is very welcomed!

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.