30+ and got first developer job

This is a great story for me as I’m 27 years old and still learning to code. For me to know developer like you in the same country (hidup Indonesia!) it is really motivating and inspiring. Keep learn and code!

1 Like

Hi malxatra. I’m feeling like you. 29 years old and learning how to be a good developer. I had a month ago my first opprtunity in IT industry. But all of your stories make me feel motivated to work at 100%! Keep going guys!

Awesome story, man. I just turned 36 and have dabbled with coding for YEARS and got nowhere due to a lack of an actual goal other than “git gud”. Then stumbled across FCC and read your story and others like it… I think there is still hope for me!

Good luck with the rest of your journey!

As a 45 year old beginning on web development learning with FCC and other resources, I found your post extremely encouraging. That’s one of the main fears I have. While I have an OK full time job, I’d like to change careers. I understand that I too am ‘late in the game’, but coding is fun, and worse comes to worse, if I can’t get a full time job as a web developer, I wouldn’t mind doing freelance work on the side. In any case, thanks for taking the time to share your experience. Much appreciated. Regards from Houston TX.

1 Like

im impress you really work hard

Hi Bro,

Really inspirational. I need small information from you. For the past 6 years I am working as a Software Tester. But I always feel I am destined to write code to create a new world. I have basic coding skills and basic in HTML & CSS. Will FCC really help me to get Front End Developer job?. Its been only 2 days in FCC. Please reply me.

Good for you! Very inspiring!

I just started learning coding a week ago in the hopes of eventually moving from IT world to the dev world. I’m 32 and excited to see others a few years older making it.

:computer:

Great story, beautiful! @yoskakomba Your story inspires me and people whose trying to change career paths into software developing path, thank u for sharing, keep up the good work!

Way to go! Inspiring story. Gives us hope for the ones just starting our journey as a web developer.

Really happy for you, age is just a number. I guess the sooner we learn it the better.

Congratulations, mate.

Congratulations and thank you for sharing! I also have a literature and language degree and am a Spanish translator. We love languages.

I’m 32, with some Python, SQL, and HTML use and I’m caring less about where in my life I’m starting programming, especially with messages like this. It’s just fun and exciting.

I’ve been wondering if I should use my translation skills in a programming position. Do you know if people do both, even in Indonesia? That would make my favorite worlds combine!

1 Like

Congratulations man!

I’m 32 years old and I’m in the same condition: starting in a new area (I’ve studied ecology). So, “Too old to rock’n’roll”? I don’t think so!

Keep learning!

Raoni

2 Likes

Great story!

Thanks for sharing as this is very encouraging.

Awesome job! I am 31 and have decided to start my new career as a developer so I found your story very inspirational

Congratulations! I read your story twice… I am 37 and I am a total beginner…and even if sometimes I feel hopeless…I just know I can not stop …so I try not to overthink :slight_smile: .

5 Likes

Awesome! Congratulations on getting where you are. You earned it. Now, never stop learning and improving. Never be satisfied with how far you’ve come. You may be the best developer in your company, but you probably won’t be there for life. Prepare yourself to have companies fighting to hire you for a job you could never even get interviewed for today.

Congratulations!! Thanks for sharing your experience.

Keep it going dude. You have my support even though I don’t know you personally. :slight_smile:

Good for you, glad to hear that!