3rd tribute page

Hi Guys!

First let me say thank you for all the help I am receiving from the community. I am on my 4th day and I am blown away by the support I am getting.

This is my 3rd tribute page:

https://codepen.io/ValerioCipolla/full/ExWabrG

I am trying to apply the advice I am getting, I am creating space between the elements using the margin and not using br anymore. and hopefully I am now using display: block with more sense.

A few things I still don’t understand:

1. I have been suggested to use head, but why do I need that? and am I doing it right?
  2. In this particular project, I have 2 unordered lists centered, (under the section “accomplishments” but the items are not aligned, but all over the place. How do I fix that and make them align one under the other?
  3. If you could just give general feedback on what to improve and what to do next. Should I keep making tribute pages or move onto the survey form now?

Again, thanks for the help, you are awesome.

1 Like
  1. The head tags should be removed. Because what you type in HTML frame goes into body tags in your page. If you want to change inside your head tags, you could go to your settings.

2. Nest them inside a div and center that div horizantally, set text-align for that div to left to overwrite body {text-align:center;}.

3. I could not see a closing tag for your main element. You can nest your page with a container element and adjust width of your page, it could look better centered and less wider.

If you want to improve your page, think of something to design it with or add to it, then research how to actually do it.

1 Like

Your page looks good @valeriocipolla92. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
      • Side note, the validator won’t tell you this but you’re using an incorrect element. Rather than <head> </head> you should be using <header> </header>. Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags. (correct the other errors the validator tells you about)
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Accessibility is about being accessible to all users. Review the giving meaningful text to links lesson. For a more thorough explanation read Web Accessibility in Mind.
    • link” is not accessible

Hi @Roma, I am doing that as we speak, thank you for your tips and your links, they have been invaluable.

Hi @valeriocipolla92 !

I would apply the feedback that you were already given and then move onto the next project.

Remaking the same project over and over again is not going to help you grow that much as a developer.

If this were a much larger project with more moving pieces, then it is common to revisit it and make updates and maintain it.

But for a small projects like this, build it once, make the changes and then move on.

At this early stage, the best thing you can do is build tons of different projects.
That’s the best way to learn and grow.

Hope that helps!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.