4th project Feedback?

After 9 hours straight finally finished my 4th project “Technical Documentation Page” https://codepen.io/Fierceincii/pen/XWMMwRK

Any feedback is welcomed and also ways for me to improve the way I write my code. thank you.

Your page looks good @Fierceincii. Some things to revisit;

• Run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML syntax/coding errors you should be aware of and address.
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Do not use the <br> element to force line breaks or spacing. That’s what CSS is for.
    • Reference MDN Docs
    • It’s used incorrectly in the nav and instead of using in in the code snippets you can nest those code snippets in an HTML element to preserve whitespace and line breaks. I’ll leave it to you to research that.
      Or there’s a property: value; pair you can use in CSS to preserve whitespace and line breaks. Again, I’ll leave it to you to research.

On smaller screens move the nav element to the top. The user story only requires it to be on the left for normal sized screens.

On a side note, since you’re asking for feedback I’ve moved this to the #project-feedback subforum where it will get more eyes on.

1 Like

@Fierceincii Well done! Your page looks good. And a few things to revisit:

Just an advice

You can use this CSS property

*{
  scroll-behavior: smooth;
}

for smooth scrolling behavior when scrolling with id links.

Hope This Help

1 Like

I revisited the code did some research and I managed to fix most if not all my mistakes, thank you guys for helping me see the unseen.

It looks better @Fierceincii. Some things to revisit;

• The FCC test script would not go in the footer element. It should be right before the closing body tag.
  • I’m still seeing quite a few <br> elements. You’ve got it right with white-space: pre-line;
    • also, because that preserves white space and line breaks you don’t need all the &emsp; either

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.