504 Gateway Time-out - Issues with Sign in

I am on this platform for the first time.
Every time when im trying to sign up, i receive the error:

1 Like

Please try again, there was a small issue, it should be resolved now. Let us know if it still has issues

EDIT: or maybe not. Keep an eye on https://twitter.com/auth0status for updates on that

Oh ok, imma keep an eye on.
Thanks for the info.

Thank you to notify Freecodecamp team, as I had 504-gateway-time-out 30minago and failed to notify the problem.

I’m trying to login into my profile and it just keeps loading until gets a 504 Gateway Time-out. I tried cleaning using an anonymous page, another browser, cleaning the cookies and site data. It just keeps loading. What should I do?

Welcome, there.

We are aware of an issue with the OAuth provider. You can keep track here: 504 Gateway Time-out

Hello, the signup/signin link fails with a 504 gateway timeout regardless of browser or OS. Any ideas when this will be fixed?

Please try again, there was a small issue, it should be resolved now. Let us know if it still has issues

Still getting the error.

Oh, you are right, sorry. Keep an eye on https://twitter.com/auth0status for updates on that

FreeCodeCamp uses Auth0 for the logins

It always sucks when something doesn’t work right, but you can always work on freeCodeCamp challenges, even without logging in or creating an account.

Ah ok. Makes sense. I’ll wait for Auth0 to fix. Thanks for the prompt response!

I seem to be having issues with signing into my account to continue my courses. I can load the home page, but I keep running into the “504 Gateway Time-out” error message whenever I select the sign in button. I also get the same result with the “get started” button. I live in the North Western United States. Anyone know how I can fix this so I can get back to learning?

Welcome there,

We are aware of an issue with the OAuth provider. I am merging this post into a megathread on the subject

Hi everyone,

This is a pretty major outage with our IdP - Auth0, and the fact they have all hands-on deck means it’s affecting a lot of their customers.

We just tweeted out an update for everyone who is getting caught unaware: https://twitter.com/freeCodeCamp/status/1384584971168358403

My heart goes out to their engineering team, who are probably working under loads of pressure. That said, there is really not much we can do at this point. We have been following up with their support teams and hoping they will have a fix soon.

Feel free to follow us on twitter or bookmark this thread (with a timer :wink: ) for further updates.

As a reminder we have a YouTube channel and thousands of articles on our publication which you should consider checking out, while you wait.

Cheers and happy coding!

1 Like

Thanks for that. As of two minutes ago, I was able to get a step further and it let me put in my email to receive a code to submit. After a few minutes, it sends me back to the home page and gives an error message. That’s progress!

That’s the way a lot of my days as a developer go: “It’s still not working, but I finally got a new error, so I feel like I’ve accomplished something.”

Tell me about it. My company is building or next-gen client platform on Azure and as you probably know there was a MASSIVE outage a few weeks back regarding token signing certificates for JWTs (JSON Web Tokens). So it’s not just you believe me!

It’s working for me now. I went out to take care of some errands and tried again after I got back. Thanks for the work!