A bit confusing

Tell us what’s happening:
This is my first day here … No trailing comment tags should be visible on the page (i.e. --> ).
i dont get it , what should it be?

Your code so far

<!-->
<h1>Hello World</h1>-->

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>-->

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>-->
-->

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/81.0.4044.138 Safari/537.36.

Challenge: Uncomment HTML

Link to the challenge:

Welcome @Crazynewworld,
The challenge is to uncomment HTML. Comment tags on HTML are <!--(open) and --> (close). Comments in the FCC editor are highlighter grey. If you want to uncomment them, just delete the tags. <!-- (open) and --> (close)

:frowning: still dont get it … wont accept it ?? any other thoughts?

You want to uncomment the sections in the exercise so you should delete the opening tags (< ! - -) and the closing (- - >) tags.

In your code snippet above you have <!- -> on the first line, which is not valid (it looks like a combination of the opening and closing tag).

You also have closing tage after your h1, h2 and p elements.

Once you get rid of those, the test will pass.

Hi john ,
im following every step … complete 3 but the last one wont tick off …
#No trailing comment tags should be visible on the page (i.e. --> )??
trying my cool to get it right …

If you look over on the right side of the window you’ll be able to see why the test isn’t passing (because the closing tags - - > are visible on the page). Check out the highlights on the picture.

hi again , that’s great this is what l did and not approving it … if you can see my end and have any suggestions

Hello World

–>

CatPhotoApp

–>

Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.

–> -->

You want to delete the closing tags in your code that correspond with the - - > text in the window on the right. I’ve drawn arrows from the closing tags in your code to the instances of the closing tags appearing in the visualizer.

Let me know if this helps you see and rectify the issues in your code.

thank you john , did every step what you gave me and got it right . still got the last x?? not letting me approved??

Can you paste your new code in here again so I can see what you’re trying to submit now?

1 Like

Delete every single ‘>’ and ‘-’ you have in your code for starters

<!-->

<h1>Hello World</h1>-->

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>-->

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>-->

-->

hi merlin ,

tried that , it failed

All of these. Delete all of these.

If you’re truly stuck compare your code to this one. You should be able to see the differences.

Only click if you want the answer
<h1>Hello World</h1>

<h2>CatPhotoApp</h2>

<p>Kitty ipsum dolor sit amet, shed everywhere shed everywhere stretching attack your ankles chase the red dot, hairball run catnip eat the grass sniff.</p>

You still have many closing --> comment tags. Those are the “trailing” tags that the test is saying. You need to remove those.
You say you are doing it, but you have not changed anything based on last suggestions. You need to make changes.

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make it easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

thx john, finally deleting it was the answer… why didnt it say delete it all of those -->??