A Game Of Quotes

Hello guys,
I have finally finished the random quote machine. It is my first react app and i had both a wonderful and frustrating experience.
I would appreciate it very much if you could review it and point out any faults and give suggestions.

There is also this one problem that I couldn’t solve. On mobile when you scroll down the background at the bottom turn white for while before it goes back to normal.

Random Quote Machine.

Thanks in advance.

2 Likes

I’m not on mobile, so I can’t really speak to that aspect of it, but I find it both responsive and engaging. Like that it’s on firebase too, made me smile!

I’ll double-check when i get to my debug system, but from an Amazon FireTV, it looks great. Very clean interface, love that you added a ‘copy’ link, not at all laggy… very very well done!

1 Like

I think it looks nice, works well. I looked at it earlier on my Mac with Safari and there was something to the lower left side of the screen that looked like a “ , it moved in response to the size of the quote box. That’s really nitpicking.

Looking on my iPad with safari I don’t see it. Good job👍

1 Like

I did some research on it. Found out it only happens on safari and chrome for mobile. The chrome and safari url bar resizes and causes a lag at the bottom when scrolled down.
This stackoverflow post explains it.
I haven’t been able to solve it still.

1 Like

Thanks a lot.

If its not too much trouble, could you take a screenshot of how it looks on your Mac with Safari?
Thanks in advance.

Screen Shot

Interesting :thinking: . I don’t know why it’s not on Firefox or chrome.