A project I made to practice the first 3 modules. Would love your feedback!

A project I made to practice the first 3 modules. Would love your feedback!
0.0 0

Hello guys. I started using FCC 3 days ago. I have only created one website before, with the bare basics of HTML and CSS, so most things that I learn here are new to me. Anyways, after finishing Applied Visual Design module, I felt like I did not understand it well enough so I decided to do a project and ask for your feedback.

Here it is.

It took me about 9 hours to get it right. I am overall pleased with how it came out, but there are still some things I’d like to address:

1. The car expands the window when it reaches the end. I tried to fix it by adding a wrapper with overflow: hidden, but the car just vanishes then.
  2. The cut side of the moon isn’t shining (I know why and I believe there is no fix unless I use another method to create the moon)
  3. I stole the light beams code from somewhere, I don’t know how to recreate them. I tried turning the beam 90 degrees to use it as headlights for the car but I couldn’t do it.
  4. Is there no other way to create trapezoids with CSS? I couldn’t use gradient with the ones I created as it is basically just a border, not a shape.

What do you guys think?

EDIT: Another thing I couldn’t do was make the wheels spin. Can I do that with CSS only or do I need JS?

DUDE! You really did this in 9 hour?! well done.

This is very great there is no JS! no JS means :cool:

If you could cycle the day and night! then wow!

I also suggest you take some more time and start something more enterprise since you are the guy who can do stuffs weel.

Whenever you are about go more pro, I suggest iOS(swift and Obj-c), but first start the basic programming, and OOP.

Keep going on great work, very good.
Happy programming

Thanks for the feedback. I really, REALLY appreciate your kind words. Is there anything I could do to improve my code (shorten it, make it more visually appealing etc.) or anything I could have done differently?

If you could cycle the day and night! then wow!

I started doing this, but I honestly couldn’t decide what I should do with the stars. I’ll try again tomorrow and I’ll let you know how it goes.