A thought for the JS lessons

I don’t know if this is possible, but someday it might be useful in the JS section of the FCC curriculum to have some html and css written already for the student so that when they write JS into their code, they see results as if on an app and better understand what their doing.

Tell if I am not clear in what I am saying.

If you have a chance, please through the front-end curriculum, you will see your query is already covered.

What I mean is that I want to see a page with a colors and a button or something, so that when I write some JS, I get the results of my work in a more satisfying way.

You need to remember, since the wide adoption of Nodejs, JavaScript has joined other programming languages in the realm of ‘writing code that performs unseen actions’. What I mean is: The curriculum teaches users to think like programmers, along with the syntax of JS. Not focusing on ‘JavaScript is only meant to perform DOM manipulation’.

That being said, you are aware the curriculum is expanding to include Project Based lessons: Help us build Version 7.0 of the freeCodeCamp curriculum

That is an old post, but outlines the just.

1 Like

Okay, perfect! I did not know that. Thank you!