A traveller's tribute - feedback appreciated for my first project! Thanks :)

Hi Everyone,

I would love for some feedback of my tribute page. I have made it about the greatest traveller of all time, who travelled longer and further than Marco Polo.

Find out more here:

Cheers!

raz

2 Likes

@12raz Great start! I like that it’s simple and informative. Here are some thoughts to make it better:

• You’re using inline styling like <strong> and <style="border: 8px Solid #C8B96E">. Some people say this should be avoided when possible. Here’s more info about that if you’re wanting to learn more.

• For valid HTML, you’ll want to look at the Doctype and the Head and Body sections of FCC Beta. All HTML markup should have these elements.

• Paste your HTML into this HTML validator. This will help you find some of the errors in your HTML markup.

• I don’t see <div class="row"> in your code. I’m not a bootstrap expert, but I thought that was supposed to be there. It’s mentioned in the FCC challenges here.

• Here’s some information about heading elements since I notice you skip some heading levels (went from <h2> to <h4>):

https://developer.mozilla.org/en-US/docs/Web/HTML/Element/Heading_Elements

• Heading information may be used by user agents, for example, to construct a table of contents for a document automatically.

• Do not use lower levels to decrease heading font size: use the CSS font-size property instead.

• Avoid skipping heading levels: always start from <h1>, next use <h2> and so on.

• You should consider avoiding using <h1> more than once on a page. See “Defining sections” in Using HTML sections and outlines for more information.

Well done! I’m looking forward to seeing your future projects! :sunny:

1 Like

Thanks for the feedback @camper. Really appreciate the effort you put in to make it a helpful reply!

Great work,actually I like the topic.
I have a note I like your page in small screens than on large ones.
I feel the large size of your image and videos making it hard to read your words… in small screen it is more readable

I hope my note is helpful… :slight_smile: