A Tribute Page for Stephen King

Hi everyone :smile: I just finished my tribute page project. Hopefully I can get an honest feedback about it and because I really want to hear other’s opinion as well especially for improvements.

Here’s my project’s link: [updated v.5]

Every feedback is really appreciated. Thank you :smile:

3 Likes

Looks pretty damn good! :+1: The only thing I could think of that needed improvement is responsiveness.

Navigation could use some love

Main content area could probably take 90-95% of the screen

Other than that that’s a solid page. Good job! Don’t stop! :metal:

1 Like

Looks really excellent! The main thing that bugs me are the images.

I forked a very quick version that addresses it in squares. Feel free to tweak it.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback and i just worked on it already after i read yours. It’s really hard to work on the responsiveness since there are lots of screen resolution. I must admit that it really took me a while to meet the right measurement. I fixed the navigation, the main content, and the links below too.

Here’s the updated one:

Thank you for your feedback, i honestly feel you about the images :smile:
i was having the same concern because they all came from different sizes and i dont know how to make them in one size of what i want without being stretched or cropped. What you did there seems great and i really appreciated it. I will try to fix it.

(After i replied, I fixed it and same goes to its responsiveness, here’s the updated version: https://codepen.io/itshally/pen/mzrOrx)

1 Like

Looks awesome! Did you use JS to create this?

1 Like

No, i just used html, css, and bootstrap. :smile:

Thanks!

How long did it take you to finish your project?
I am looking forward to build my first web page

1 Like

It took me 2-3 days. I honestly had a hard time thinking for a good design and it took me a while to achieve the right sizes just to fit the entire page in every different screen resolution.
It’s a pleasure to hear that from you! :+1: I wish you a lot of patience while creating your first web page. It really is frustrating sometimes, but don’t give up easily if it doesn’t go in your way, just pause for a while and take a deep breath then continue coding again :smile: .

Nice! Your hard work paid off!

I appreciate your advice, Thank you very much!

1 Like

No worries :smile: yours will too and I am really sure about it

Looks really good.

One question I have, for a page with as much content as this one, is if it’s ok/acceptable to have a link back to the nav bar that is either at the end/beginning of each section or on a fixed spot on the window? Or is that type of link poor design? It is a lot of scrolling on a mobile screen.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback. That’s actually a good point. I honestly forgot about how long the scrolling is with too much content like I did. Thank you for the advice though, I really appreciate it :+1: :smile:

I just updated and I really thank you for your tip again :smile:
hope you could check it again:

Thank you for your feedback :smile: , I will surely fix that problem as well :+1:

I just want you to know that I did update it for the responsiveness, hopefully I did it right this time.
Updated one:

It’s a pretty neat website…gave me some perspective and direction before I make this project.
Thank you and Have a great day.

I didn’t get the Js section what was that for?..the scroll action?

1 Like

oh that was for giving the button the functionality.:sweat_smile:

1 Like

I’m sorry for the late reply, yes that is for the functionality to return to the top part of the page and I am really glad that you like it too. Good luck for developing your project and hope you’ll have a lot of patience as well :+1: :smile:

I think it looks great. Recheck your internal links - clicking on gallery places the viewer at the end not the beginning.

1 Like

It looks great, kudos for you!
There’s a small bug in small width devices and the navigation menu. When I hover with my cursor one of the options, another one below is the one focused (check pic attached), I’m using firefox.

1 Like

Thank you for letting me know and I will surely recheck it :smile: