About the HTML-CSS category

hey i started coding for past 2 days i passed the starting 10 tasks but after that even passing the further tasks my completion percentage is stuck at 36%.So why is this happening

May be your internet connection is weak. When my wifi connection goes off while I am submitting a solution, I get a message in blue above the screen that they can’t connect to the server. You need to check with the internet connection.

Is bootstrap really necessary? I always like creating projects from complete scratch, never using any skeletons to help. I am new to web development, but have an extremely good understanding of it, me being a hacker. But believe it or not, i have never heard of this.

the most likely reason is your browser, what do you use?

i want to add an intereactive menu in my html page ,how can i get a interactive menu?

<html>
<head>
	<style type="text/css">
		.box{
			float:right;
			position: fixed;
			border:1px solid red;
            padding:15px;
            margin:20px;
            width:1000px; 
            height: 500px;
           overflow: auto;
		}
		ul{list-style-type: none;

}
		li{ display:inline;
			width: 60px;
			margin:15px;
			padding:5px;
			text-align: center;
			font-family:arial;
			border-color: blue;
			border-style: solid;
			background-color:blue;
			color:white;
			font-weight: bold;

}

</style>
</head>
<body>
<div class="box">
	<h1>Hy hobbies</h1>
<ul>
	<li>Web Design</li>
	<li>Programming</li>
	<li>Economics</li>
	<li>Maths</li>
	<li>Fitness</li>
	<li>Books</li>
</ul>
<p>
	Computer use is increasing in most fields of endeavor. Computing costs have
decreased dramatically due to rapid developments in both hardware and software technologies. Computers that might have filled large rooms and cost millions of dollars a few
decades ago can now be inscribed on silicon chips smaller than a fingernail, costing a few
dollars each. Those large computers were called mainframes and current versions are
widely used today in business, government and industry. Fortunately, silicon is one of the
most abundant materials on earth—it’s an ingredient in common sand. Silicon chip technology has made computing so economical that more than a billion general-purpose computers are in use worldwide, helping people in business, industry and government, and in
their personal lives.
Over the years, many programmers learned the programming methodology called
structured programming. You’ll learn structured programming and an exciting newer
methodology, object-oriented programming. Why do we teach both? Object orientation
is the key programming methodology used by programmers today. You’ll create and work
with many software objects in this text. You’ll discover, however, that their internal structure is often built using structured-programming techniques. Also, the logic of manipulating objects is occasionally expressed with structured programming.
To keep up to date with C++ developments at Deitel & Associates, please register for
our free e-mail newsletter, the Deitel® Buzz Online, at
	</p>

</div>

</body>
</html>

Hello everyone, I am brand new to learning HTML. Before I even begin learning HTML I cant even figure out how to set up a HTML file with Windows 10. I have no idea what text editor to use and how to use it. I did watch the HTML build a website tutorial but i still cant figure out what to do. Any help of any kind would be much appreciated. Thank-you for your time.

hi guys i had been using this site but am having problems in submitting my tribute work

please am a beginner, its telling me to add anchor element using cat photo

If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

Hello error on the site. I can not pass the lesson.

https://www.freecodecamp.org/learn/responsive-web-design/css-flexbox/add-flex-superpowers-to-the-tweet-embed

Screenshots don’t give a good way to troubleshoot what is happening with your code.
If you have a question about a specific challenge as it relates to your written code for that challenge, just click the Ask for Help button located on the challenge. It will create a new topic with all code you have written and include a link to the challenge also. You will still be able to ask any questions in the post before submitting it to the forum.

Thank you.

download notepad++ ,its a good text editor for it…Am also a beginner and that’s what i use…

I just solved it. There are no errors.

Hello David,
The best editor to use is visual studio code. It may seem distracting at first but you will get into it shortly. Vs code is one of the most used editor. It is practical. Once you installed it click on new project, name it, then add new html file.
Best regards

Please i really want the HTML tutorial in PDF file.

Hello,

I want to know/to get sample, that, how can i achieve smooth horizontal parallax effect for multiple sections(Divs) on mouse scroll, across the browsers.

Good morning everyone, I’m new here! I’m just a few days here in Free code camp and love it!

Wanted to ask - can I ask only the curriculum questions in HTML-CSS questions, or the general questions about HTML-CCS too?

hello , how are you? i am new in learning html so i just
want to know where i can find some html projects for
practice .

Are you done solving fcc HTML CSS projects?

you said fcc …whats that?