About the JavaScript category

About the JavaScript category

Ask questions and share tips for JavaScript, jQuery, React, Node, D3 - anything that touches the vast JavaScript and npm ecosystem.

I’m new to the site, I’ve been working on a simple catcher game for a week. I just need help getting my basketballs back to a normal size

We are focused on web development and specifically the FCC curriculum, but if you want, you are welcome to ask another programming questions. Just start a new thread and ask a very specific question and provide the code.

Thanks Quincey this is helpful but still feel posts get lost since this is such a huge category. Is it possible to tag posts by front end tech, like Vue, React, Angular, etc so that people looking for help or wanting to contribute can skip the category? It would not need to be a main category on the homepage. Maybe this already exists?

Hello, I want to learn javascript, but at the time of creating code I am blocked.
Any ideas to overcome my denial of the creation of code?
Thank you.

This is the youtube link to a series of javascript videos which is for beginners.
you can learn all of the stuff in few hours starting from the basic.
I will be uploading all the videos very quickly!

This is the youtube link to a series of javascript videos which is for beginners.
you can learn all of the stuff in few hours starting from the basic.
I will be uploading all the videos very quickly!

Am quite new to this forum and somewhat don’t understand how the fora works; is it basically for asking questions or persee for learning; which?

Hi, I’m new to coding (since weeks). I began html/css cursus some weeks ago, and javascript on another site with latest JS updates.
When I look at freecodecamp javascript course, I see it teaches us to use VAR for variables and to add “;” at the end of each line.

But I thought var was not used anymore, let and const being more appropriate and new and that semicolon was not useful with recent JS.
So I’m wondering if i should start javascript cursus here or wait for a remake ?

Thanks in advance

They explain let and const in the ES6 section :slight_smile:
After that they mostly use let instead of var.

I don’t know about the semicolon, being new to JS myself.

It’s good to know var because it isn’t going away and it kind of helps because it has function scope and var declarations get hoisted. You need to know about function scope and hoisting anyway. It’s good to know about semi colons (:wink: too. If they aren’t there the interpreter/compiler will add them where it thinks best (which dosn’t always work out see https://stackoverflow.com/questions/34950322/use-of-semicolons-in-es6). Linters will check if you need ;

What the difference between javascript and css?
???

CSS is not a programming language while JavaScript is. This is a fundamental difference between them, the rest is literature.

@QuincyLarson is this feature mention above available for easy tagging?

Hello @QuincyLarson ,I want to know more about on ‘Getting the job’.I know javascript and i am learning angularjs and angular2.Can you provide me the direction on javascript field.