About to Start Job Hunting

Hello World!
After a couple of iterations, I think I have my MVP or minimal viable product (portfolio) to start job hunting, please let me know what you think, specially if you see a typo.

https://sheilaanguiano.github.io/

5 Likes

Thanks Randell for being so trough, I have being working on the portfolio, polishing the displayed projects and resume that I overlook that.

Iā€™ll revise those 3 things, thank you very much again

Guadalajara Jalisco Mexico?

Looks nice.

I would add links to the top of the page that jump down to the specific areas they link to, like ā€œprojectsā€ and ā€œskillsā€.

In mobile mode, the content seems to be off-center and pushes up against the right side of the screen.

Hi there,

your mini bento project links to the doggo select API. (double check your links?)

also I think a ā€œliveā€ link to your portfolio site is redundant. (I am already on the page so I donā€™t need a live link).

1 Like

Yep, born and raised tapatĆ­a

1 Like

I thought about adding a menu like that but I think my page is too short to be a UX improvementā€¦then again maybe for mobile makes sense.

Could you tell me if youā€™re using Android to see the mobile version? It works on IPhone/safari iOS 13.2.3 & Chrome

About the links at the top, mostly I would add them because they seem to be an industry standard and they advertise that there is something more to the page than just what shows up in their viewport. Some visitors may need their hands held.

As for my comments on mobile responsiveness, I just looked at Chrome Developer tools again, but on my laptop this time, and the issues I mentioned arenā€™t there, so it seems to have been an issue on my end.

Anyway, good luck. Iā€™m sure youā€™ll find a job if you apply aggressively.

The four in a row website doesnā€™t seem to work, at least on firefox. Also itā€™d be nice to see a small intro to how to use it, should I click in the red piece? Where I want it to land? The user is kinda clueless once she enters the website.

Also, and this is just a matter of personal taste, Iā€™d center the text of the ā€˜Aboutā€™ section.

Great work and best wishes on your job hunting!

My suggestion is to give the project section a header and to scale down a bit the photo-containers. You could also make the buttons hidden, leaving in the card only the project name and maybe a brief description and showing the buttons only when the user hover over.

Something like this:
Card Example

You could also feature more your area, i think the ā€œweb developerā€ is a little too small compared to your name.

PS: Sorry if iā€™ve made some grammatical mistakes, it is not my main language, but i am working on it.

1 Like