Account isnt registered and I'm thrown to the beginning of the course each time I get on the curriculim

Hi,
When in the forum, I can see my active account icon.
When in the curriculum, the account isn’t connected, for some reason (https://www.freecodecamp.org/fccfac4cf9c-af55-4625-8238-c7e9351e60d9) and as a result, my advances in the HTML course , which I save, are not recorded, and each time I am compelled to start the course from the beginning… which is not where I want to put my 300 dedicated hours.

Please help,
Thank you so much

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/605.1.15 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/14.1.1 Safari/605.1.15

Challenge: Say Hello to HTML Elements

Link to the challenge:

your account is private, we can’t see any detail in it

but, you can always go to any challenge, even if the button to bring you to last challenge is not working

Hi Ilenia,
Thank you so much for your prompt and kind response.I got help and changed the settings on my account. Ready to start now.
Many Thanks,
Sharon.

did you also change username? your profile is no longer reachable from the link you sent

Ilenia, Thank you so much for following up.
My username is now sgerh (Sharon Gershoni, Philadelphia):
https://www.freecodecamp.org/sgersh

Many Thanks!
Sharon.

and you have the timeline set to public?

Wow. Thank you for letting me know. I just changed it now. I didn’t know that was necessary.

Now, when I switch back from my profile settings to curriculum, I don’t have the page I was studying from, but the link to start from the beginning… How do I return to exactly where I left from?

open the certificate you were doing and go to last completed challenge, click on the next one and you can continue from there

Is the “certificate” the link to “start from the beginning” in my case? And if so, won’t that reset my progress? When I open that I land on the first html page (done that twice already).
Sometimes I see this page, where I can “go to current challenge”, but even today I also had cases when I didn’t have that option. How can that be? What am I doing wrong?

, but sometimes I don’t.

Welcome there,

Just to clear some things up:

• The forum (this platform), and the freecodecamp.org/learn platform are on two different domains, and should be considered completely separate, as far as your accounts are concerned.
  • Provided you are logged in to your /learn account, and have an internet connection, your progress is saved (not your code - just how many challenges you have completed).

No. You can click on any of the Certifications (e.g. Responsive Web Design Certification, JavaScript Algorithms and Data Structures Certification), and see your progress on that certification, and click on more links to the relevant challenges.

The Go to current challenge button takes you to your most recent challenge. If your browser has a cache of your most recent challenge, then the button will show.

For the most reliable experience, please ensure you do not have any browser extensions enabled with access to freecodecamp.org, and use an up-to-date browser version.

Hope this clarifies

1 Like

Thank you so much. I will check those items. What is confusing is that on the same day, I have / do not have “go to current challenge” being displayed.

Anyway, I thank you all for your help.
Sharon.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.