Account progress reclaimed

THIS ITEM IS CLOSED AS I HAVE GONE IN AND REPAIRED MY ACCOUNT AND ITS CONTENTS. HAVING SECURITY ISSUES WAS NOT SOMETHING I HAD CONSIDERED, SO I’LL HAVE TO START DOWNLOADING MY ACCOUNT FOR BACKUP AS I REACH CRITICAL MILESTONES

This evening at 9:45 I checked my account to find that my completed progress on the responsive web design section is lost, in addition to all of my personal information in my account. The only thing that is still in my account is my progress on the javascript section. Is there any way to recover my progress?

it seems you created a second account by accident. The freeCodeCamp account is recognised via email address, if you change email on your github account that you use to log in for example you will create a new account when you log in with github

alternatively, you may have a bug that created two accounts linked to the same email address. You can read more about the issue here

Ilenia:

Thanks for the information! I found out that the link inside of my Mozilla homepage setup had been modified to include the second account profile number as part of its url. That must be how the second account was integrated into my workflow.

Thanks,
Kevin Tousey