Add/Remove Table Rows Dynamically

I would like to learn some Javascript to help me complete a home project which involves a data entry form where I can enter in expenses.

Here is a sample that behaves fairly close to what I need to enter an undetermined number or “Order Details”…

(Forum won’t let me post a link yet)
www . iamramraj . com/demo/How_to_Add_and_Remove_Table_Rows_Dynamically/index.html

How difficult is it to code something like that?

What technologies would I need? Could I just use plain old Javascript?

I’ve had others discourage me from using Frameworks and Libraries because they obfuscate learning Javascript.

Plus, hacking existing code isn’t a great way to learn in my opinion.

If I were to code the example in the link i posted above, could I do that with pure Javascript?

And how hard would that be to code?

And how quickly could I learn to code that if I started on page 1 of your tutorial?

That is NOT what I said…

I said I want to learn Javascript and AVOID frameworks and libraries at this point.

I also said that i do not want to learn the entire Javascript language if learning a portion of it will do for now.

If your goal were to learn how to style hyperlinks as red underlined on a webpage using CSS, would you spend time learning grid layouts in CSS? (That would be a waste of time.)

That is all I said.

Okay.

How does this tutorial differ from a Javascript book (e.g. “Teach Yourself Javascript in 24 Hours”)?

Does the free Code Camp have some innovative way of teaching Javascript, or is it more of the same - other than being free and publicly accessible, of course.

An active online forum can be a lifesaver - with or without a book to go along with it.

In the “old days”, the Internet was full of active user communities where you could get tons of help, make friends, and be part of something larger.

Those days are all but gone online…

My hope is that freeCodeCamp is a throwback to better times, and a way for me to speed up learning, and also give back.

1 Like

Yes you can use plain JavaScript only because today’s JS is mush stronger that what it used to be some 5 years back.

So how hard would it be to learn how to create a dynamic subform like the link I posted above?