After 1 Year of No Coding: Re-did Tribute Page

Hello everyone,

I stopped learning on FCC a little over a year ago, and a couple of weeks back, decided to jump back in 100% and on day 10 of 100 Days of Code. Decided to redo my tribute page and this was the result: https://codepen.io/fdozza/pen/wvzEVNG.

All feedback is greatly appreciated!

1 Like

@fdozza

• Your Links link in the navbar is not working.
  • Your second video isn’t available.

Hope This Help

Hi @fdozza!

Welcome back to coding!

I think your page looks good!

You could think about adding these features to your site.

This creates a smooth scroll when you jump around to different sections on the site.

html{
  scroll-behavior:smooth;
}

and this will keep the navbar set at the top all the time and have a 100% width.

nav{
  background-color: rgb(24, 24, 24);
  padding: 15px;
  position:fixed;
  width:100%;
}

Happy coding!

2 Likes

Welcome back @fdozza. Your page looks good. Some things to revisit;

• Codepen provides the boilerplate for you. It only expects the code you’d put within the body element in HTML. (No need to include the body tags). For anything you want to add to the <head> element click on the ‘Settings’ button, then HTML and add it into the ‘Stuff for <head>’ box.
    • Everything the browser displays belongs in the body element.
    • Mentioning because you have elements incorrectly placed. Review this for an understanding of the HTML boilerplate tags.
  • When the elements are cleaned up run your HTML code through the W3C validator.
    • There are HTML coding errors you should be aware of and address. (You use an attribute that’s obsolete for HTML5)
    • Since copy/paste from codepen you can ignore the first warning and first two errors.
  • Codepen provides validators for HTML, CSS and JS. Click on the chevron in the upper right of each section and then click on the respective ‘Analyze’ link.
    • The one for CSS is good. Use it and address the issue(s). (You’ll see why scroll-behavior is not working)
    • (The one for HTML misses things which is why I recommend W3C)
1 Like

Thank you, your advice was very helpful!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.