An error in the instructions

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

The problem is that the instruction tell us to not change the code outside the comments but you have to add some brace “(” and “)” to finish complete the exercise

**Your code so far**

const createPerson = (name, age, gender) => **HERE** {
  // Only change code below this line
  return {
    name: name,
  };
  // Only change code above this line
} **HERE**;
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64; rv:90.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/90.0

Challenge: Write Concise Object Literal Declarations Using Object Property Shorthand

Link to the challenge:

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

1 Like

I clicked the “Reset All Code” button to get a fresh start. I did not need to add anything, just removed a few things.

Maybe you can click the “Reset All Code” button and then paste in here what code shows up in the editor.

Hi @lilone3 !
Welcome to the forum!

I am not sure where you need to add parenthesis to pass.

Can you show us where you are adding the parenthesis?

1 Like

yes thank you all for your help i know the answer it was just to report the minor detail and now i know where to report this issues!

Thank you, i will go on github for this kind of things now!

I didn’t test this solution but i found the answer by myself thanks again for the tips

no, you don’t need to add (, that’s only in the case of implicit return which is not used here, you can just change the return statement

2 Likes

You don’t need the implicit return from a logical perspective, but the lesson is about shorthand and the examples also use an implicit return.

1 Like

Then maybe it would need to be uniformed a bit

1 Like

Yeah. It looks like the challenge could be improved with minor changes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.