Any advice for a senior year student in high school?

I have a few questions to ask,

1. Do you have to have a degree to be a web, mobile, software developer or is it ok to rather have a diploma?
  2. If I want to become a freelancer, how do I do that?
  3. What is the average work hours for a software dev?
  4. Is Linkedin the best way for job searching for computer science/IT jobs or is there an alternative?
  5. What are the best ways to go about starting a blog?

Ye, I pretty much need advice on all of those questions. A bit of extra advice won’t hurt either, lol.
Thx in advance for the advice!

Regards
Ma3_str0

1 Like

It depends on you fully, what is your goal going forward. I don’t really know how to be a freelancer. The average hours for a software dev are almost the same as normal job if you are in a team of developer, 40 hours a week.

My goal is to just be a web or mobile developer and maybe some cybersecurity. Ok,the hours seem pretty good too, lol.
Thx for the answer.

You don’t need a university degree, but it helps A LOT.

40 hours a week, same as anywhere. Depending on the company you work for that might mean a steady 9-5. It might ebb and flow with some weeks where you are working weekends and long days and others where you work less to balance it out. Some companies specifically have shorter weeks. Although it’s often not explicitly required, at many of the Big Name companies, there is a cultural expectation to work longer hours… which is bullshit.

This is pretty regional. LinkedIn is a big one, but my experience has been that the types of companies that recruit through LinkedIn are also ones that require a degree or several years of professional experience.

Do research and write informatively. There are lots of developers that like to publish “dear diary” type blogs, but far fewer people who have any interest in reading those.

2 Likes

This is really informative thanks a lot