Any Campers from Indonesia here? Kumpul yuk!

Hello, World!

My name is Andre, a 32 yo camper living in Bali, Indonesia. I am curious, as I see a number of Indonesians on this forum, how many of us are here and want to get together and start a community? Maybe even start our own meetups?

Everywhere I read, people say that getting together with real-life developers in your community and engaging in meetups is essential in your journey as a developer. I realize that this social connection among aspiring developers is something very lacking in Indonesia, or at least in Bali, where I live. So if anyone is from Indonesia, no matter what your proficiency level is in programming, let’s hang out and share! Let’s grow together. Bhinneka Tunggal Ika!

I’m pretty new to programming myself. I started out on Codecademy about a year ago, and only started seriously diving deep into FCC and EDX a few months back. I have spent most of my professional life in the F&B and tourism industry, working long, hard hours. I decided to shift my life path because I want to spend more time with my family, my newborn daughter, and I realize creating things online is the way to go. I have been interested in tech and computers since a young age, fooling around with a 1988 Macintosh with 5’’ floppy disks, no mouse, a green-and-black monitor, and a command line OS. I hope that, with my relentless determination and perseverance, I can make a comfortable living developing things that will make people’s lives better, through programming.

Anyways, that’s my story. I’d love to hear yours :slight_smile:

Dre

5 Likes

hi dre !

I’m fighting my way through the curriculum & it’d be super nice to join with other campers - so I was totally stoked to see your post!

I’m originally from Germany, 31 yrs & now living straight at the beach (close to Balian). So yeah, coding and surfing is kind of dominating my life at the moment :wink: ;

So yeah - lets meet / get in contact / start some coding meet-ups !!!

Suksama
Sven

Hi Zombie, im indonesian 26 yo. live in Yogyakarta. Come in. lets meet up. can you chat me to give your phone number or other personal contact.

1 Like

Hey, I am an Indonesian too and right now living in Semarang, campers meet ups surely sound fantastic !

1 Like

Hey @joshuatonyy!
Welcome to FCC forum!

This topic is inactive for 7 months. If you want create a new topic.