Any TEKY and/or Interapt Folks Here?

Any TEKY and/or Interapt Folks Here?
0.0 0

Hi All!

Interapt has made it to my little community in Buffalo, WY. Our County and City have each pledged 50,000USD to this company called Interapt. The idea, in a nutshell, is we pay them this money, they teach up to 50 people to code and then hire them (or some of them).

Apparently the same company was awarded a large (2.5+Million USD) grant for the same kind of project in Kentucky, USA.*

I’m curious if anybody using FCC has any involvement or experience with that project or the company. Last I read they transitioned 35 people to jobs from the training program.

Are there other similar programs around? How are they comparing to FCC in job placement success rates?

Any comments or thoughts related to this are welcome!

*Edit: The large grant was not awarded to the company. It was awarded to a public entity and then the partnership was formed between that entity and the private company. I apologize for the error.

I believe I made a small mistake. The large grant I mentioned was not awarded to the company. It was awarded to a public entity and then the partnership was formed between that entity and Interapt.

Sorry for that mistake in my earlier post.

Hey, @izzaboo

I was/is one of the graduates from the TEKY program in Kentucky. We should talk about your given opportunity. Email me at dark.messiah.nf@gmail.com - I look forward to hearing from you.

I’ll send you a note soon. Thanks for replying!

Since posting above, I’ve learned that the $100K is actually for a feasibility study to see if our community will work for Interapt.

all best,
Greg