Anything new needed to imported PropTypes?

solved, but still have a question…

Is there something I should be doing with the info that " Note: As of React v15.5.0, PropTypes is imported independently from React, like this: import PropTypes from 'prop-types';" ?

I passed the challenge without dealing with this, but not not sure if I’m missing something. I am running v16.13.1, according to https://reactjs.org/

Hey Jonathan,

nice to meet you! :wave:

No, this is only an information.

Before this specific version, the prop types were included in the core React packages. Because probably only 1% used them, they got moved into a separate package, so that the remaining 99% didn’t have to have the useless code in their projects.

Nowadays many developers use TypeScript to handle static typing with React.

Thanks Miku,

TypeScript then. I suppose I should figure out what that is exactly. :slight_smile:

1 Like