Applied Accessibility font high contrast

Tell us what’s happening:
This is more of a general question

with the colours

color: #636363;
background-color: #FFF;

Am I right in thinking that by using a font color of #636363 as opposed to #000 or more solid black it is easier to read against. As the color isn’t as solid ?

Your code so far

<head>
<style>
body {
  color: #636363;
  background-color: #FFF;
}
</style>
</head>
<body>
<header>
  <h1>Deep Thoughts with Master Camper Cat</h1>
</header>
<article>
  <h2>A Word on the Recent Catnip Doping Scandal</h2>
  <p>The influence that catnip has on feline behavior is well-documented, and its use as an herbal supplement in competitive ninja circles remains controversial. Once again, the debate to ban the substance is brought to the public's attention after the high-profile win of Kittytron, a long-time proponent and user of the green stuff, at the Claw of Fury tournament.</p>
  <p>As I've stated in the past, I firmly believe a true ninja's skills must come from within, with no external influences. My own catnip use shall continue as purely recreational.</p>
</article>
</body>

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64; rv:68.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/68.0.

Challenge: Improve Readability with High Contrast Text

Link to the challenge:

Hello~!

The value that the challenge has you use generates a contrast rating of 6.01

Black text, however, generates a contrast rating of 21.

The higher contrast rating implies greater readability, and ensures greater accessibility.

The challenge has you use a dark grey presumably because Camper Cat’s original colour choice was light-grey, and he wanted to stay in line with that colour scheme while still meeting the accessibility guidelines. :wink:

hi @nhcarrigan thanks for this, makes sense, I am trying to develop my own personal projects using what I am learning here.,

Regards

Paul

I am glad I could help~! Feel free to reach out if you have any further questions!