Applied Visual Design: Add a box-shadow to a Card-like Element, /* offset-x | offset-y | blur-radius | spread-radius | color */

This exercise was kind of baffling, so I needed to use the video tip for help. However, in the video tip there is an extra line of code, specifically on line 17 that shows this:

/* offset-x | offset-y | blur-radius | spread-radius | color */

Nowhere in the instructions or the video is this actual LINE explained. So, upon replicating what is presented in the video, along with this extra line of code on line 17, I get the desired results with the shadow around the thumbnail but still FAIL after running the test. Upon checking this help forum next, it becomes evident that the extra line of code on line 17 is not needed, so I removed it and then passed the test to go to the next challenge.

I could find no other help forum topic to explain what specifically IS line 17:

/* offset-x | offset-y | blur-radius | spread-radius | color */

It does not appear to affect the desired end result since the shadow around the thumbnail was established, but it did impact the ability to move on. What is this extra line of code about?

Thanks to anyone who might know the answer to this…

Line 17 is a comment, as is anything between /* */ in CSS. Removing it should have no effect on the code, and should have had no effect on the tests. Just to be sure, I added this comment along with the solution, and still had no trouble passing the tests.

Okay, wow - thank you very much for the clarification. I had a hunch /**/ had some kind of nullifying effect on the output, but for some reason it seemed to have prevented me from passing the test & moving to the next challenge. Perhaps I just needed to refresh my browser session…

Thanks Again and Cheers!

G

No worries. I have seen the tests glitch out on rare occasion, then mysteriously pass when the page is reloaded.
¯\(ツ)