Arrow Functions with Parameters - Side Question

Ok so my question is not actually on the challenge itself, but on the concat portion of it.

I have been going through the circular in order order, and do not remember this ever being used in previous lessons. Then in this lesson it is tossed in as if it should be a know factor.

It’s easy enough to check a reference page to see what the function does, but I want to make sure that I am taking the lessons in the correct order.

L:ink the the lesson

This is part of the ES6 lesson plan which is listed directly after the Basic JS lesson plan.

.concat() is sort of presented in the challenge

…which appends contents of arr2 to arr1

You should not expect curriculum to teach you every single method on every single object and generally it is fine to look up for something you don’t know.

Good luck!

Got it. And that’s what I did, I just wanted to make I wasn’t doing things out of order or something since that was the first time something had come up like that which hadn’t been previously mentioned.

Appreciate the help.

As I recalll the ES6 part of the curriculum was move “up” in the order at some point. It may originally have been after the functional programming part which has a challenge on the concat method (not 100% sure).

Ah. yeah I see that section in the Functional Programming curriculum now. Makes more sense .

There is definitely something off with the order of the curriculum though. Even the next lesson references map() filter() and reduce() that are required to be used in the solution without any explanation. But there is a lesson covering what those are much further along in the JS Curriculum under the Functional Programming.

I think it was moved up as it is the current standard. since then there are often discussions on how to change the challenges to make them accessible just after the Basic section…

if you want to give some suggestions on that, you can open an issue on the github repository:

Thank you for helping make FCC better. Bugs can be reported as GitHub Issues. Whenever reporting a bug, please check first that there isn’t already an issue for it and provide as much detail as possible.

Will do. Thanks again everyone for the feedback.