Babel / Guide in VSC or Atom

Hi guys, I started to do first exam in FreeCodeCamp, but for long exercise I prefer to use VSC or Atom. When I try to do the exam on CodePen I have window who help me by button Test. Is possible have the same help and working in VSC or Atom? Thank You :wink:

Welcome there.

I assume by “exam” you mean the projects for the Responsive Web Design section?

If so, there is this note at the bottom of every project user story page:

You can build your project by using this CodePen template and clicking Save to create your own pen. Or you can use this CDN link to run the tests in any environment you like: https://cdn.freecodecamp.org/testable-projects-fcc/v1/bundle.js .

Hope this helps

Hi Sky020, thank you so much to help me :slight_smile: :grinning:
If I can, I suggest to explain a little better in the “Project Page” how to do it, I find is necessary put the CDN inside SCRIPT code and put it right above the BODY close TAG. Now for me work :slight_smile:

Glad you got it to work.

Thank you, for the suggestion. However, this has been thought through whereby:

• We try to keep the number of words on a lesson/page as few as possible, because most do not read.
  • Offer the easy start with CodePen, because we do not recommend those who are unaware of how to use script tags/CDNs to use the other route, unless they themselves are willing to do their own research.

That is, what is expected is:

• If you want to just start the projects - use CodePen
  • If you do not want to use CodePen:
    • READ the requirements and information given
    • SEARCH the interweb for any extra information pertaining to your specific setup (we cannot have a guide for each and every setup)
    • ASK the forum (or similar) if you cannot resolve a query using the above two methods

Happy coding :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.