Back End Development Roadmap/Technologies

Hello everybody
Anyone in here know anything about Back End Development, the technologies needed for this career.
In other words, what should i learn to become a Back End developer based on fCC curriculum

“Any help,suggestion or anything that matters is highly thanked in advance”

1 Like

That’s a rather broad net to cast.

Anyone in here know anything about Back End Development, the technologies needed for this career.

Yeah, you have to pick a backend language and get really, really good at it. Learn the supporting libraries/frameworks. Learn DB, preferable SQL and NoSQL. Build a lot of things. Learn about infrastructure and security. Learn testing.

FCC teaches the basics of Node/Express and Mongo/Mongoose for backend and DB. It assumes a knowledge of JS, so you should have done that section if needed. Actually I would recommend doing the front end stuff too - having a basic knowledge of front end is good. And you may not get to pick your career - it’s my opinion that it’s a lot easier to get a first job as front end, especially without a degree.

Thanks Kevin this is a helpful and detailed info you have provided. Keep it up. You are saving a life.