Back to programming

Hey all,

I teach Computing at a secondary school. I’ve got a degree in computer science but recently felt like moving to a developer career or perhaps side line. Anyway, starting at FCC and hoping to see where it goes from here.

Inspired by a lot of the stories here, especially late starter success stories!

1 Like

Hey Zingoid :slight_smile:

Hopefully you’re having a good time here! If you want to achieve more specific language skills try out codecademy.com or hackerrank.com (the latter is more to practice and strengthen your skills).

I think FCC is good to learn how all the languages in web dev (and so on) work together - I think this is one of the most important things for you, when you want to work in that field (if you didn’t know already :D)

And without a community it’s always hard to learn new things (as you will know probably) :stuck_out_tongue:

Have fun :wink:

Hopefully any of my tips are helpful to you (dunno what you already know with your CS degree :o pretty much I assume)

Welcome, @Zingoid! I’m also a secondary school teacher - good to have you on board!

Teachers make great learners, so you’ll get on just fine. If you need any help (and we all do from time to time) this forum is a great place to ask for it.

Whereabouts are you based?

Also, as a teacher potentially looking to switch careers one day, you might appreciate this other thread, in which I shared a question I asked the Shop Talk Show podcast that got answered:

1 Like