Backend Development and APIs: Solution Link not reading my repo in

Tell us what’s happening:
I cannot submit my code in the backend challenge “How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package”

It asked me to add “author”: “jane doe”, in my package.json file so I changed it to add my name. Then saved my code, pushed it to my github. Then I copied the link from my github and pasted it in the submission form.

When it checks it it says:
// running tests
package.json should have a valid “author” key
// tests completed

Your project link(s)

solution: lpninja.github.io/package.json at main · lpninja/lpninja.github.io · GitHub

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10_15_7) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/97.0.4692.99 Safari/537.36

Challenge: How to Use package.json, the Core of Any Node.js Project or npm Package

Link to the challenge:

Hi @lpninja,

You need to have your project hosted online for the tests to pass. Some free options include Glitch or Replit.

Cheers, Smeagol

Thanks Smeagol. Can i host it on github pages also? Or is there some issue with github pages?

Unfortunately GitHub pages only hosts static webpages which would not work for these challenges.

1 Like

Ok thanks, I’ve switched to using Replit as they suggested. Seems to work now. Thanks for helping me.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.