Backend Learning Roadmap

Hello everyone, Im a beginner in Js (trying to learn backend) and this is my first time here, I hope that this is the right place to ask this and hopefully get some help.

So basically, I need a little bit of guide in my learning path. I saw a video from Ben Awad where he said that one should do first the Javascript Algorithms and Data Structures, and then do APIs and Microservices.

My question is, is it ok to skip the Data Visualization Certification? I know that it introduces to what APIs are and teaches JSON APIs, however I asked in Reddit and everyone said it was not necessary, so I’m very confused.

Also, beyond those two certifications, a lot of people have told me I should learn SQL and PostgreSQL, so I´ll do the 2 YT tutorials from FCC on those. Additionally, I noticed that APIs and Microservices uses Git, but I´m not sure it´s taught in the certifications so I´ll also do the YT tutorial from FCC.

In short, the learning roadmap I designed for myself is:

1. Javascript Algorithms and Data Structures
  2. Data Visualization (Should I / Necessary ?)
  3. Git / Github YT tutorial
  4. APIs and Microservices
  5. SQL and PostgreSQL

Can you guide me a little bit? Is that fine?, there’s also an APIs tutorial on YT (do it before the certification?) …
I’m a bit overwhelmed by all the technologies I dont know, that’s why I came here. I hope someone reads this and can help me, thank you so much!

I think you don’t need Data Visualization with D3, but I would do JSON APIs and Ajax.

For the rest, I would do Git / Github first:

1. Git / Github
  2. Javascript Algorithms and Data Structures
  3. JSON APIs and Ajax
  4. APIs and Microservices
  5. SQL and PostgreSQL
1 Like

Thank you! I think I’ll do that.