As you may have heard, @no-stack-dub-sack, @paycoguy, and @Christian-Paul have been hard at work building projects with testable user stories. We are looking for a few volunteers to attempt to build these based on their automated tests.
Note that the test suite may not yet work in browsers other than Chrome.
The goal is for campers to be able to build these projects step by step following user stories. This will make the projects less intimidating and more fun. Oh, and don’t worry - we’ll still have plenty of optional projects where we don’t provide you with any tests. And if you’ve previously built these projects, you don’t need to build them again.
If you’re interested in attempting this, please reply to the thread and let us know you’ve started it. The more people who want to build this, the better, as we can start gathering feedback.
Thanks, and happy coding!
Here is the blank pen for campers to fork: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/MJjpwO
Here is the example project with passing tests: http://codepen.io/freeCodeCamp/pen/GrZVaM
For this project, we will be visualizing the data that is found in this dataset: https://raw.githubusercontent.com/FreeCodeCamp/ProjectReferenceData/master/GDP-data.json. We will be visualizing US Gross Domestic Product on the y-axis, and year on the x-axis. Good luck and happy coding!
- My chart should have a title with a corresponding
- My Chart should have an x-axis with a corresponding
- My Chart should have a y-axis with a corresponding
- Both axes should contain multiple tick labels.
- My Chart should have a bar for each data point with a corresponding
class="bar"displaying the data.
- Each bar should have the properties
data-gdpcontaining date and GDP values.
data-dateproperties should match the order of the provided data.
data-gdpproperties should match the order of the provided data.
- Each bar’s height should accurately represent the data’s corresponding GDP.
- I can mouse over a bar and see a tooltip with corresponding
id="tooltip"which displays more information about the data.
- My tooltip should have a
data-dateproperty that corresponds to the given date of the active bar.