Basic CSS: Override Class Declarations with Inline Styles-2

I know I’ve posted this before, but I am still stuck despite several people trying to help. I will try to post this properly. It says that I still need “h1 element of orange text and my h1 element should be white. Here is the code I have so far”

<style>
  body {
    background-color: black;
    font-family: monospace;
    color: green;
  }
  #orange-text {
    color: orange;
  }
  .pink-text {
    color: pink;
  }
  .blue-text {
    color: blue;
  }

</style>
<h1 class="pink-text blue-text"<h1 style="color-white;id="orange-text"> Hello World!</h1>

I’ve edited your post for readability. When you enter a code block into a forum post, please precede it with a separate line of three backticks and follow it with a separate line of three backticks to make easier to read.

See this post to find the backtick on your keyboard. The “preformatted text” tool in the editor (</>) will also add backticks around text.

Note: Backticks are not single quotes.

markdown_Forums

Also, you can use the “Ask for help” button to post here - it does everything for you.

Anyway, you have three problems, and they’re all in this line:

<h1 class="pink-text blue-text"<h1 style="color-white;id="orange-text"> Hello World!</h1>

First, there is an extra <h1. You see there is one at the start of the line - that one is good. Then there is one at character 32 - that one is bad - remove it.

Secondly, your style and id attributes are overlapping.

style="color-white;id="orange-text"

There should be a quote (") and a space after the semicolon.

Lastly, that is not how you define color in CSS, not as color-white;. for example, in CSS if I wanted to change the padding, I would do padding: 10px;. Notice that it is a colon and a space that separate the property and its value, and not a hyphen.

If I make those changes, your code passes. If that is still not clear, please let us know.