Basic JavaScript - Concatenating Strings with Plus Operator

Tell us what’s happening:
I am being told to ’ Build myStr from the strings This is the start. and This is the end. using the + operator. Be sure to include a space between the two strings.’ Which I believe I did but the only test that isn’t passing is ’ Failed:myStr should have a value of the string This is the start. This is the end.

Your code so far

const myStr = "This is the start. " + "This is the end. ";   // Change this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/114.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Concatenating Strings with Plus Operator

Link to the challenge:

Double check extra spaces, it needs to be exactly the same

You have such a nice string there:

"This is the start. " + "This is the end. "

Transform this programmatic formulation (2 partial strings concatinated with a PLUS-Operater (“+”) into normal written language . Like so:

"This is the start. This is..."

(You need to finish that yourself, OK?)

It is better to use fixed width font like “Courier New” to see the issue…

These things are difficult to detect, especially blindwriting with ten fingers, and your muscle memory kicks in :wink:

you can use array on this like this or to put some space on the middle you can use + " "

Mod edit: removed solution

It is great that you solved the challenge, but instead of posting your full working solution, it is best to stay focused on answering the original poster’s question(s) and help guide them with hints and suggestions to solve their own issues with the challenge.

We are trying to cut back on the number of spoiler solutions found on the forum and instead focus on helping other campers with their questions and definitely not posting full working solutions.

Thank you so much!! It worked :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.