Basic JavaScript - Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings - s3wzVEhoAtA9N1bQqCQtD

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

the code is fine, only that in previous classes they are giving good programming practices like placing the constants in CAPITALS so as I saw that I was respecting the camelCase I was applying what they had taught me previously which was to place the constants in CAPITALS so I spent a good time seeing the error.
it is a suggestion to apply good programming practices.

el codigo esta bien, solo que en clases anteriores estan dando buenas practicas de programacion como colocar las constantes en MAYUSCULAS entonces como vi que estaba respetando el camelCase estaba aplicando lo que me habian enseñado anteriormente que era colocar las constantes en MAYUSCULAS por lo que pase un buen rato viendo el error
es una sugerencia para ir aplicando buenas practicas de programacion

Your code so far

const myStr = "I am a \"double quoted\" string inside \"double quotes\"."; // Change this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/103.0.5060.114 Safari/537.36 Edg/103.0.1264.49

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Escaping Literal Quotes in Strings

Link to the challenge:

You are not asked to rename the variable, so you shouldn’t. If you make changes you are not asked for challenges will often break.

As for the other challenge you mentioned:

Declare a Read-Only Variable with the const Keyword

It is common for developers to use uppercase variable identifiers for immutable values…

…rename variables declared with const to conform to common practices.

There is no mention of “good” or “best” practices, only “common”.

Usually, you will see uppercase const variable names for fixed values such as URLs, environment variables, maybe mathematical constants, and other values where the variable is used in place of the literal value and where the value can and should not change.

As such the type of the value is often the indicator. An arbitrary string value as shown in the escaping quotes challenge doesn’t really qualify for this rule. It might as well have been declared using let and we do not know how the string is used (if we imagine it is part of a larger application).

But you are definitely not the first to comment on the variable name in this challenge in relation to the const challenge. I think a change may have been considered and I wouldn’t be surprised if there was an issue on GitHub for it somewhere.

thank you very much for your help