Basic JavaScript - Manipulating Complex Objects

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.

this says there is only one answer so far that works, I really seems inappropriate too to be slipping the album in when the test suggested adding it by code. Why?
I used push instead and was glad it accepted.
Your code so far

const myMusic = [
{
  "artist": "Billy Joel",
  "title": "Piano Man",
  "release_year": 1973,
  "formats": [
    "CD",
    "8T",
    "LP"
  ],
  "gold": true
}
];
myMusic.push({
"artist":"Brian Eno",
"title": "Hey hey hey",
"release_year": 1972,
"formats":[
  "CD",
  "DVD",
    ],
    "gold": false

});
  **Your browser information:**

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/104.0.5112.81 Safari/537.36 Edg/104.0.1293.54

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Manipulating Complex Objects

Link to the challenge:

the goal of this challenge is to manually write the second object inside the array, nowhere it says to use push

Oh, okay. It seemed to be asking for something more in my mind however, not push but something apart from just writing another item/object.

I am interested in how this would be updated from outside the original code. This is too basic here to make that leap of knowledge but is on my mind to try and remind me to stay with some direction and aims.

I thought we had got a bit past that level already. Certainly many things remained straightforward for a few exercises still afterwards though now I am really wondering if i’ll get these iterations, recursions or even what their aim is under my belt.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.