Basic JavaScript - Understanding Case Sensitivity in Variables

Tell us what’s happening:
Describe your issue in detail here.
Hey Good evening!.
honestly I cannot see the problem ,could you please send me the correct code?, thanks all for your time !
Your code so far

// Variable declarations
var studlyCapVar;
var properCamelCase;
var titleCaseOver;

// Variable assignments
studlyCapVar = 10;
ProperCamelCase = "A String";
titleCaseOver = 9000;

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/111.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Understanding Case Sensitivity in Variables

Link to the challenge:

You have an incorrect casing in properCamelCase (i.e. the variable names do not match).

ReferenceError: ProperCamelCase is not defined

That means you are referring to an identifier (variable name) that doesn’t exist. So it doesn’t match the declaration (or it was never declared, or is used in the wrong scope). I.e. it “is not defined”.

One thing you can do in the editor is select an identifier and the editor will highlight all the instances of it. So if you select properCamelCase and nothing else is highlighted that is a hint.

You can also look at the code highlighting, if you see something stand out like the identifier in cyan (which is used for classes and constructors) it too is a visual hint. Even the forum code highlighter is showing it in a different color.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.