Basic JavaScript: Word Blanks (I'm confused)

Tell us what’s happening:
I’ve got the first box check-marked but I’m still not sure if I’m doing it right. I don’t want to move on any further because I’m almost sure im doing it wrong. Somone please explain what to do because I’m confused.

Your code so far

function wordBlanks(myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb) {
  // Your code below this line
  var result = "I was walking through the park and this " + myAdjective  + myNoun + "started running at me and I ran, it was " + myAdjective;

var myNoun = "dog "
var myAdjective = "big "
var myVerb = "scarry "

// Your code above this line
  return result;
}

// Change the words here to test your function
wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly");

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/67.0.3396.87 Safari/537.36.

Link to the challenge:
https://learn.freecodecamp.org/javascript-algorithms-and-data-structures/basic-javascript/word-blanks

1 Like

Your result needs to include all four arguments being passed to wordBlanks (myNoun, myAdjective, myVerb, myAdverb). If you look down at the function call at the bottom (wordBlanks("dog", "big", "ran", "quickly") you’ll see the arguments that are being passed into the function. I.e., you don’t need to set them yourself inside the function.

I hope this helps. Critiquing code is tougher than I thought it would be. :sweat_smile:

So what goes into the return results?

You need to return a string that includes all of the arguments that the function received. Remember that you need spaces in between all words.