Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

**I have been stucked on this for days now, it says that " You should not directly use the values dog , ran , big , or quickly to create wordBlanks", which I didn’t use but it still brings out errors. I have to delete my code and use the one I saw online and it still did not work out.
Your code so far

const myNoun = "dog";
const myAdjective = "big";
const myVerb = "ran";
const myAdverb = "quickly";

// Only change code below this line
const wordBlanks = " My " + "dog" + " Mohn is really " + "big" + " and it " + "ran" + " really " + "quickly"; // Change this line
// Only change code above this line

Your browser information:

User Agent is: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/105.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Challenge: Basic JavaScript - Word Blanks

Link to the challenge:

Ahh, but you did:

This is directly using those words in the string. Instead, you want to use the variables (i.e. myNoun, myAdjective, etc…) in the string.

sorry, that was a type error. which I did* use

Regardless, my answer is still the same. You need to use the variables in the wordBlanks string you are creating.

I built my wordBlanks string with Noun=“dog”, Adjective=“big”, Verb=“ran” , Adverb=“quickly”. I add them all in my string. The problem is that it says, I should not use them “directly” which you can see if you check my code. So what’s the problem? Can you give me any solution if you think I am still not getting it right?

You can’t use the word “dog” in the string. You can’t use the word “big” in the string. That is using those words directly in the string. You want to use the variables that you initialized at the top in place of those words. The variable myNoun has the value of “dog”. So wherever you would use “dog” in your sentence you want to use the variable myNoun instead.

I just figured it out now, thank you very much. But it was very confusing.

This topic was automatically closed 182 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.